Oasis Cay Islands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Islands of Oasis Cay, an isolated group of islands with a growing Pokémon population.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to the Oasis Cay Islands! Enjoy your stay~
Please welcome Kari as our newest staff member!

Just Curious [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Reaper
Admin
Reaper

Pokècoins : 84

Just Curious [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 6:25 pm

Laine had to get specific directions as to where the cabin was. He knew it wasn't hidden but he wasn't exactly the best with directions especially in a forest like this. There weren't any special landmarks or anything like in the city. It took a little longer than he would have liked but eventually he found the rather large cabin. The blond man walked up to the door and softly knocked not wanting to ruin the peaceful nature around him. Hopefully someone would be inside. He was curious about this ranger program.
Back to top Go down
https://oasiscay.forumotion.com
Echo

Echo

Pokècoins : 159

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 6:45 pm

He was starting to get real tired of random people knocking on his door - especially a certain redhead who wouldn't ever stop bothering him for some accursed reason. The rhythmic pounding only made his head throb even more, and any sort of mission away from the island right now would beat being stuck in a predictable place for a predictable child to find him and try and pick his locks to break into his only former sanctuary. Letting his spoon clatter onto the plate, Elliot exasperatedly sighed and stood up. His partner's ears twitched briefly, but Rayler made no move to leave his own meal.

Swinging the door open, he started off, voice sharp and gaze as equally piercing, "Look, if you're here to ruin my day again--" Oh, it wasn't that ridiculous mess of a teenager. Flustered, the heat rushed to the tips of his ears. "Oh. Fuck. Wrong person, sorry." Elliot cleared his throat, running a hand through dark inky hair. "Is there something you need from me?" Damn, he screwed that up fast. If Claire were around - or hell, even Magnolia or Charlotte -, she'd never ever let this go from him.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Admin
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 10:29 pm

Laine's eyes seemed to flash at the rude outbreak, but as soon as the man's tone changed Laine seemed to relax. "I don't mean to interrupt anything important. Well I was just curious as to what you rangers do. I don't know a whole lot about the field and I thought you were the best person to ask." Laine said with a small smile, trying to remain casual but staying polite somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 10:40 pm

Elliot's posture seemed to deflate like a balloon upon hearing what the blonde said. Another one? The corners of his lips twitched slightly downward, gold eyes as piercing as ever. Was it worth it to bother with this? He really didn't want to deal with yet another annoying overly excitable youth, but... Well, actually, this guy didn't seem that young. Not as childish like Kari anyway. "Fine, come in. I'll talk, but that's it." He left the door open for Laine to walk in, briskly heading back to the table and towards the small meal left on his plate. Underneath the table, his hand reached for Rayler, with the familiar bump to his palm settling his nerves. Without bothering to wait for Laine to settle down wherever he wanted, he spoke, "So. What do you want to know?"
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Admin
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 10:52 pm

Oh.. He interrupted the man while he was eating. Now he felt a bit like a dick. Oh well there wasn't any turning back now. The blonde sat down on the other side of the table making sure he didn't over step any boundaries. "I guess just everything. I don't know much at all. I guess one of your favorite parts about the job." He didn't really know any specifics. He just knew that rangers existed and did stuff. What that was exactly, he didn't know. He wanted to learn what ever he could if he ever encountered them while being out. Brown eyes scanned over to the pokemon that was sitting on the floor. He didn't know what he was taking an interest in the Ranger's pokemon but he was and it was bugging him.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 11:00 pm

God, at first he was thinking that this guy was better in alternative to Kari, but it seemed like he was almost absolutely clueless on what the job was. At least that bratty redhead actually did some reading up before approaching him. Elliot inwardly groaned, halfheartedly stabbing his eggs and cutting a piece off with his spoon. "That I don't have to be around people. Missions take me out and away from civilization a lot," he replied flatly without much remorse, keeping a wary glance at the way this guy was looking at Rayler. "Don't touch him if that's what you're thinking."
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Admin
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 11:18 pm

"No. No. That isn't what I was thinking. Something seems almost familiar about him if that is the right term. I wouldn't mess with another trainer's pokemon without permission." At least while he wasn't helping out with the gang. Just because he was an ass during that time doesn't mean he was always an ass. Brown eyes studied the luxray again, before turning away. "So.. uh your job takes you away from here a lot? Are you the only ranger on the island or is there others?" He hadn't really encountered them too much before. The luxray was still bugging him for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 11:42 pm

Elliot grimaced, knuckles white from gripping the spoon just a bit harder. "I'm the only one." Which was both a blessing and a curse, really. It was nice having the entire cabin to himself, making it his living space without needing to worry about the hustle and bustle of other rangers coming in and out to report on their status or their missions. On the other hand, it meant he was the only person that any of the new trainers could come to when it came to asking about his job... Which led them to this very situation that he would much prefer being away from.

Fingers stroked through the dark mane of his Luxray a little more coarsely, and in response, Rayler got up, flicking the star-ended tail once, twice, thrice. Ears lying down flat against his head, pacing back and forth with narrowed gold eyes against Laine's brown ones. Not quite a snarl, but a low growl rumbled from his throat. Defensive? Elliot wasn't sure, but he crossed his arms. The guy across the table was too young - possibly? - to be involved with that, so it couldn't be... "The only reason you're here is for questions, right? That's it? Nothing else?"
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Admin
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 11:58 pm

He didn't know what was going on with the Luxray. He didn't have any bad intentions in coming here so what was up? Was it that? Was all of this interest and things that? It couldn't be. That hadn't shown up in a long time. "That is truly all I came here for. I wanted to learn about the research's team and their careers, and you were next on the list. So I'm sorry if this is all becoming a hassle, for you and your pokemon." Laine said with honesty. He just hoped that this Luxray didn't cause any more issue for that..
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 12:21 am

Elliot could never necessarily call himself a good job of character, but at least the guy didn't seem to be lying. Or maybe he was a really good actor. He didn't know. He didn't care. If his partner was wary about the other person (and he knew Rayler was much better at reading people than he was), then he had every bit of need to be cautious as well. The defensive walls he was ready to throw up, to prevent as little information from coming out as possible in case this blondie was not actually here to learn about... careers or whatever, to speak as passive-aggressively amicably as possible while steering clear from anything important--

Was apparently not needed. The Luxray padded over to Laine, nose sniffing as he approached before prodding his head against Laine's head, tail raised in greeting. Elliot blinked. Was his partner just... was that a purr? "What the fuck." Not even a question. Rayler never ever did that - not anymore, not in so long to anyone except him -, so what was this? An almost amused glint shone in Rayler's eyes, and Elliot's palm raised and slid down his face.

"You have got to be kidding me." He was just about ready to go grab the chloroform towel if he had to, but nope. His partner was always always like this sometimes. Back when that redhead first found the cabin too. With a disapproving shake of his head, Elliot bowed his head slightly. "Guess my attitude wasn't so great there. Sorry." A click of his tongue. "Still, you're not a normal visitor if Rayler warmed up to you that fast. He hates getting close to anyone else." Well, hate wasn't the right word, but... Good enough here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Curious [Closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next