Oasis Cay Islands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Islands of Oasis Cay, an isolated group of islands with a growing Pokémon population.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to the Oasis Cay Islands! Enjoy your stay~
Please welcome Kari as our newest staff member!

the life we lived becomes the life we remember

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Holly

Pokècoins : 62

the life we lived becomes the life we remember Empty
PostSubject: the life we lived becomes the life we remember   the life we lived becomes the life we remember EmptyWed May 02, 2018 9:11 pm

Introduction

This is the Official Backstory for Lucien Labelle, sub-admin of Prisma Company's Networking and Publicity divison. In the form of a multi-chapter story (that's really more of a collection of inter-connected one-shots), this chronicles a (mostly chronological) period of a little over a year, with some potential deviations here and there that will be marked accordingly to fill in gaps or explain things, but the primary story here is one about two best friends just trying to live their lives.

That said, the next post will have the first chapter.

Feedback is welcome, though don't post in this topic - put feedback-type things here instead, or contact me on Discord if you want!

Last edited by Holly on Wed May 02, 2018 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Holly

Pokècoins : 62

the life we lived becomes the life we remember Empty
PostSubject: Re: the life we lived becomes the life we remember   the life we lived becomes the life we remember EmptyWed May 02, 2018 9:17 pm

Chapter 1 - Complimentary

Lucien Labelle had always been known to be incredibly emotional and dramatic.

That said, Adrien Travere was the love of his life. The problem, of course, being that Adrien was not at all aware of that fact. After all, it was painfully difficult to confess your feelings to your lifelong best friend, twice as much so when said best friend was about as observant as a brick. The fifteen-year-old kicked his legs idly, frustrated by the fact that he couldn’t convey his feelings without words. Gracidea were impossible to get his hands on, after all, and that would be the only surefire way to make his intentions clear.

Stupid Adrien. Wasn’t he obvious enough? Sure, he was an affectionate person in general, but never to the extent he was whenever he was with Adrien. With others he’d greet and leave them with a hug, if they would let him, but with Adrien? He would go out of his way to just stand next to him, to hold his hand or lean on his shoulder. They went places together and had entire specific days set aside to spend time with one another.

Today was one such day, and they were supposed to meet in - he glanced at his clock - half an hour. He needed to make a plan in twenty minutes, for how he was going to make his feelings clear without saying them outright. In a moment, a spark of inspiration struck, and Lucien clapped his hands together with glee. It would work perfectly - his plan was positively foolproof!

As it turned out, no plan was entirely foolproof. Another fifteen minutes later, and he was walking down the streets, hand-in-hand with his best friend, torn between wanting to give up then and there and kiss him, or perhaps shout his feelings into the clouds. “Do you work at a coffee shop? ‘Cause I like you a latte.~"

Adrien paused and turned to face him, seemingly just to roll his eyes and groan exasperatedly. “Is this what we’re doing today?” he asked, gesturing to Lucien.

He barely refrained from responding with ‘I wish’, instead going for a dramatic sigh and another pick-up line. “Do you have a bandage? I think I scraped my knee falling for you...”

Damn it, Luci.”

He winked behind his glasses, and grinned despite Adrien’s obliviousness. “I know, Adri, I'm too perfect. You can’t believe I’m even real, can you?”

“Keep telling yourself that,” Adrien snorted into his sleeve, and Lucien laughed. “Where should we go to eat? It's around lunch, right?”

Lucien leaned over his shoulder to look at his friend's watch - he could get one of his own, but really, what was the point? “Yeah, it looks like it’s about time for food. You pick, I'll pay.” It was one of the upsides to having a job, being able to spoil Adrien as much as he would allow.

Not that he allowed much. “I couldn’t possibly,” Adrien protested. “I wouldn’t be able to pay you back, you know that...”

Lucien sighed. So they were having this conversation again, then. He had hoped to skip it, but there was apparently no such luck today. “You know I don’t want you to. Just pick a place, it doesn’t matter.” As Adrien’s gaze drifted towards a nearby fast-food place, Lucien rolled his eyes. “Not that one. Somewhere else.”

“It’s your money, you shouldn’t spend it on someone else...” Yep. This conversation. Honestly, trying to avoid having it was one of the reasons he had started looking for a job as soon as he reached the legal age, but it hadn’t actually helped much.

“What use is having a job in the first place if I can’t use my money to take you out to nice places?” he pointed out. Really, it wasn’t like he was using it for much of anything else, at least right now. “Now pick somewhere. Somewhere that’s not the fast-food place. You need to eat healthier, anyway.”

Adrien stuck his tongue out at him, but complied anyway. “Alright, alright… How about that one?”

Lucien turned to look, seeing a decent-looking restaurant, and nodded his approval. “Looks good to me.”

They got a table for two and ordered their food, half-staring out the window a thet people passing by. Their tea and coffee arrived first, each boy scoffing at the other’s drink of choice.

“I don’t know how you can stand it. It just tastes like water to me,” Lucien commented, stirring an absolutely appalling amount of milk and sugar into his coffee before taking a single sip. "Very hot water."

“It’s because you’re just bad at making it,” Adrien told him solemnly, not adding anything to his tea and eyeing the amount of sugar going into Lucien’s coffee cup with distaste. “I'll make it for you some time. Teach you to do it properly. Personally, I don’t know how you can stand that abomination you’re creating. Try to leave some sugar for the people coming in after us, would you?”

“Adrien, this place is practically empty. What other people? Are they imaginary?”

They aren’t here yet, that’s the point--”

Unfortunately, their would-have-been argument was interrupted by the arrival of their food, and eating their food was a little more important to them. When the conversation picked up again, it turned to plans for the day.

“Is there anything particular you want to do today?” Lucien asked, attempting to not-so-discreetly steal something off of Adrien’s plate.

“Not really. I never make plans when it comes to you, they always get interr-- Hey! You’re always saying I need to eat better, and then you go and steal my food?” Adrien asked, shaking his head in feigned disappointment.

“Take something off my plate,” Lucien shrugged, nudging it towards him. “Anything you like, I don’t really care.”

Seemingly at random, Adrien took something he deemed worthy of a peace offering and moved it to his own plate with a nod of satisfaction. “You’re a hypocrite,” he declared, pointing an accusatory finger at his friend.

“Tell me something I don’t know, Adri, I’d appreciate it,” Lucien said absently, stirring sugar into his coffee again - when had it started getting cold, anyway?

Adrien opened his mouth to respond, seemingly decided against it, and closed it again. “I’m gonna start memorizing random, completely useless trivia just so I can respond to you when you say that,” he declared finally, finishing the last of his food and turning to watch the people passing by once more.

Lucien took the moment he was distracted to admire his appearance, not really caring if the other boy noticed. Adrien noticing would actually make his life easier, most likely, which made it incredibly unlikely, but he could dream, couldn't he? “You look nice, you know?” he said without really meaning to, the words just slipped out before he could stop them. Well, no use taking it back, he supposed - it was true, anyway.

Adrien turned to face him again, and Lucien swore his smile could light up a pitch-black room. “You think so? I thought you looked really cool with that scarf the other day, so I wanted to try something similar… I just hope I don’t look like a copycat or anything.”

Lucien fought back the urge to inform Adrien that he was probably the hottest thing since the fucking sun, as difficult as it was to manage. “I didn’t even realize,” he admitted instead. “And you know how much time I spend looking in a mirror on a daily basis.”

This time it was Adrien who laughed, reaching up to cover his mouth with one hand. “You do love to look at yourself. Are you done eating?”

“Yeah, I’m finished. I’ll pay and we can go back to aimlessly wandering.” It didn’t take long at all, and Adrien met him at the register, so they stepped out of the restaurant together, turning onto a nearby street.

“There’s no one I’d rather go nowhere with,” Adrien said with a smile.

“No one at all?”
Lucien asked curiously as he looked over wooden trinkets in a window display. "I mean, I know I'm wonderful, but there must be someone you'd rather spend time with."

“Nope. No one else makes ordinary things quite as interesting as you do.”

Lucien considered that for a moment before responding. “I’m just going to take that as a compliment.”

“Why would it be anything else?” Adrien asked cheerfully, swinging their clasped hands. “Interesting’s not a bad thing to be, you know?”

“It can be. Pretty much anything can be an insult, don’t you think?” Lucien asked, looking up at the sky, absentmindedly noticing that there weren’t many clouds today.

“I don’t know about that. ‘You’re beautiful,’” Adrien offered, looking at him expectantly, and Lucien had to try and breathe before he could even think about forming a verbal response.

“‘Well, at least you’re beautiful,’” he replied a few moments later, frowning at the memory of that exact phrase being tossed his own way once or twice. “See? Anything can be an insult.”

“You haven’t proven your point yet, that was just one compliment. How about… ‘I bet you sweat glitter.’”

Lucien stopped in his tracks, glad that they were speaking relatively quietly, and squinted at his friend. “Adri,” he said patiently, “I’d like you to please tell me something. How the fuck is that a compliment?”

“I think it just means, like… You draw people’s attention? What’s wrong with that?”

“I literally don’t need to do anything. It insults itself. Got anything better?”

“Quiet, I’m trying to think of something,” Adrien told him, practically whispering. “‘There’s ordinary, and then there’s you.’ See, that one’s nice!”

“Why am I not ordinary? Is there some kind of problem I don’t know about?” Lucien asked with a dismissive snort. “Is it because I sweat glitter?”

“Personally, I’d say it’s because you’re literally looking for flaws in compliments. But, you know… ‘I’m glad I know you’ anyway,” Adrien said softly, with that smile that never failed to make Lucien’s heart skip a beat.

“Fine, I can’t find anything wrong with that one,” he sighed, conceding defeat for the moment and grabbing Adrien’s hand, walking in a random direction. Still, he couldn’t keep the smile off his face, even if he wanted to.
Back to top Go down

the life we lived becomes the life we remember
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Oasis Cay Islands :: Creation :: Character Solos :: Preboot Solos-
Jump to: