Welcome to the Islands of Oasis Cay, an isolated group of islands with a growing Pokémon population.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to the Oasis Cay Islands! Enjoy your stay~
Please welcome Kari as our newest staff member!

Share | 

Obtaining first Pokémon (Late to the party) [C l o s e d]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kari

Pokècoins : 72

PostSubject: Re: Obtaining first Pokémon (Late to the party) [C l o s e d]   Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:43 am

A soft gasp slipped from the thin waif of a girl in front of Reiji as he fell to the ground in a clumsy heap, only to be chased by a feminine giggle. "Oh dear, I'm not a ghost. Apparently it's a quite common misconception though." she took a couple steps forward, holding out a delicate looking hand in an offer to help him up. "I'm sorry if I startled you! My name is Alison White, but my papa and friends call me Angel." She smiled demurely at him, preforming a little curtsy in greeting. Her lilac gaze swept over him, taking in little bits of information as it went. The boy in front of her had kind hazel eyes, and by the looks of him he clearly meant well. Ah but her train of thought was quickly interrupted as a familiar chipper voice piped up from nearby. Angel turned her head and smiled warmly at her friend "Ah, Stella! Good to see you!"

Seraphim, ever present at the ghost-girl's side, dipped his head in subtle greeting at the familiar face of Stella. His piercing gaze was trained threateningly on the jumpy newcomer, but he had yet to growl or show any strong sign of dislike for the brunette. The beast was simply observing... for now.

Pokècoins : 6

PostSubject: Re: Obtaining first Pokémon (Late to the party) [C l o s e d]   Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:25 am

A loud growl bellowed from Nori's stomach as he wandered deep into this maze like cave he's now coined his very own gold mine of adventure, in his mind at least. " Crap, I forgot to bring extra snacks with me, what a bummer." He crouched down as he ignored his bodily signs of need of nourishment in order to continue on through a small crevice deeper into the cavern. The weird gut feeling he was having earlier still distinct from his overly excessive appetite had drawn him through this place with ease. Feeling as if he were being surrounded soon after, gazing into the darkness and squinting trying to make sense of what the feeling was hoping his senses weren't betraying him at this point. " Hey, if anyone or anything is in here, i'm super friendly if you actually show yourself, i'm just kinda awkward yknow!" stepping in deeper he saw a glimpse of a ominous purple aura that began to fill the large opening he managed to crawl in to. "Well this is some odd light effects for being so deep into a cave, someones hidden bachelor pad maybe?"

Nori stood tall and stretched as his eyes slowly paced across the area looking for the source of this aura or what he thought was a light. " This is really neat, come on anybody here? I've been getting lonely!" He stepped forward a bit more until his flashlight shined across something that finally reflected back at him catching his attention. "What's this?" stepping closer he finds he's come across some sort of offering, a little gold bell on red ribbon, a trinket he assumed. looking around it seemed to be a tiny shrine with carvings in the walls behind it portraying different ghost pokemon, the largest being a crudely drawn skull being held by a gengar he assumed. he stepped forward as he slowly reached his hand outwards ready to touch and inspect this more the light focusing in directly on it. A split second later he heard shuffling from behind him, a faint whisper pouring into his head as it got closer. " hello?" he shifted his head around and making a full 180 degree turn where nothing was there. " What the hell? I can tell you're here, i can sense you. so come forth!" Suddenly the whisper in his head began to roar as a Duskull flew from a wall as if it were an open door way and solidified itself into existence flying straight towards Nori and smacking face to face knocking them both to the ground. "OW!" Nori yelled out as he was knocked back, sitting up looking over to the apparent self KO'd duskull laying on the ground right in front of him. " How did you even manage to phase through a wall, and not through me, AND knock yourself out nearly completely?" Nori reached forward, slightly poking at the little guy still somehow able to make physical touch with the Duskull. A minute later Duskull came to and popped up twirling in circles and spinning around Nori saying it's name as if it were chanting in a happy tone. " You seem familiar, and you dont' seem too weary of me, yet somewhat excited even. Do you know me?" The Duskull stopped dead in its tracks as it turned, slowly coming face to face with him, its eye focused completely on Nori as if it were waiting for something. " Wait a second, are you that Duskull?" The little creature pulled back as it whipped back into a chipper tune and chanting its name in agreement to Nori's realization. " Hey, where have you been you completely disappeared back then! I thought you didn't like me anymore, and you took my Yoyo!"

Nori stood back to his feet, feeling calm and collected and extremely cheerful seconds later, joining in on the Duskulls chant following it in circles saying its name too. Duskull stopped as Nori phased through it getting cold chills turning around " YeeeeeEEESH give me a warning before you do that! by the way, since you were so fond of that toy of mine back then, I think it would be fit to call yo YoYo yourself! How does that sound?" he stood looking to him waiting for the Pokemons reaction, Duskull only nodded in agreement as it went to point up into the darkness to what looked like another opening, but this time there was the faint light coming from it. Nori ran to the wall looking for footing excitedly looking back to the Duskull, " You think this is a way out Yoyo? That would be amazing I need some fresh air!" He began his attempts to climb up to this new path as YoYo now followed suit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reiji Nakamura

Pokècoins : 9

PostSubject: Re: Obtaining first Pokémon (Late to the party) [C l o s e d]   Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Rei finally regaining his composure got back up. He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly as he was about to walk up to Angel only to notice the piercing gaze of the absol that was right by her. He give a crooked and worried smile, being scared as all hell of the creature but continued. Soon he was right by Angel and looking in the same direction as her towards the second newcomer. He had so many question but didn’t want to inturrupt the reunion between the two girls. He simply stood there quietly but still a bit worried as he had not forgotten the Absol staring right at him.
In this state of Jumpiness he was more alert than ever and he had heard a rustle in the foliage behind him. He slowly turned, thinking the Absol was planning his demise only to notice that it was infact not absol making the noise but instead there was a small green serpent like creature in a pile of leaves. It appeared to have been looking for food. Suddenly it turned and looked towards Reiji and leapt right at him. Reí yelled out as he was tackled and knocked back on the ground. “Hey! What the hell was that for-“ Rei had lost his train of thought mid sentence as he saw the creature rummaging through his messenger bag and soon popped its head back out with a macaron in its mouth. “Synvy..” it had said, muffled as it was chowing down on one of Rei’s snacks.
Reí saw this and rather than be upset that his food was taken he took this as his opportunity to befriend the creature. He then inches closer to the docile serpent and grabs his bag. “You seem to be a fan of these. Well there’s more where that came from.” He said to serpent whith a genuine looking smile on his face. “Snivy.” Was all the creature said in response having also identified itself as it now hopped up on Rei’s lap watching him go through his bag and pull out the box of Macrons. Soon plucking out a greenish yellow one and handing it to the snivy who took it happily and proceed to devour it. Rei now sat there feeding the Snivy thinking to himself “I think it likes me. I’ll definitely be able to befriend this Pokémon”. The Snivy now having gotten to eat a good amount of sweets had now taken a liking to Rei and it proceeded to curl up in his lap and fall asleep. Rei then proceeded to get back up, with his new friend asleep in his arms and walked back towards the group with a sense of triumph in him and a smie on his face. Once he got back it appeared as if the two girls and their Pokémon were so lost in their conversation that they hadn’t even noticed Rei and the events that has just occurred. Nonetheless Rei spoke up to get their attention. “Hey! I found a Pokémon. It seems to really like me.” He said happily as he showed off to the two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holly

Pokècoins : 62

PostSubject: Re: Obtaining first Pokémon (Late to the party) [C l o s e d]   Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:22 am

Stella's head turned as she paused mid-sentence at the sound of someone addressing someone else - presumably Angel and herself. "Oh! Is that a Pokemon?" she asked, polite curiosity with a bright smile on her face, though she realized she still didn't know this kid's name. Details. A stranger was just a friend she hadn't made yet, after all - personal protocol for both people and Pokemon.

Clapping her hands together as best she could with the leash in her hand, she exclaimed, "Awww, it's so cute! At least yours seems to like you." As if to represent the insinuation, Nathaniel tugged at the leash, trying to chase after something or other. Stella simply scooped him up again with a sigh. "You know, you can't chase after every interesting thing you see," she told him, failing to notice her own hypocrisy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kari

PostSubject: Re: Obtaining first Pokémon (Late to the party) [C l o s e d]   Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:47 pm

The ever-graceful girl fell into a fit of innocent giggling at Stella's words, unable to point out how silly the girl was being. Instead, she proceeded to smile warmly at the boy "He is absolutely precious! Are you going to name him?"

Seraphim's response to the Snivy was primarily indifference. Seemingly deciding the two adolescents and their small childish Pokémon weren't much of a threat, the feline took a seat a few feet away beside a tree and began surveying the surrounding area as if he'd lost interest in them all.

Angel, unphased by her own Pokémon's aloofness due to having gotten used to it by now, didn't even react to him leaving her side.

PostSubject: Re: Obtaining first Pokémon (Late to the party) [C l o s e d]   Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:26 am

Yoyo continued to circle Nori whispering its name as it curiously looked around every corner and turn phasing through walls and coming back to inform him of which route to take. After another 15 minutes, with the Duskulls assistance they were able to basically speed run their way out of the cave. Nearing the exit Nori excitedly hollered to Yoyo as they saw sunlight beaming into the darkness, a wide faced opening with the sound of loud crashing water able to be heard as well. As they came to the beaming sunlight, the Duskull flung it self behind Nori not being used to direct sunlight for some time assumably.

"Whoa there, you okay little guy? I'd bet you're more of a night owl yourself" Nori looked off just a few meters away to his left seeing the source of the noise. " That is a huge waterfall! Absolutely awesome! Oh, I have an idea, you can hop in my backpack, there's some tech in there so be careful okay." Yoyo nodded to Nori whispering it's name in an agreeing tone, as the slender lad crouched down he slide his pack off down to the ground in one swoop unzipping it and making room for the pokemon. " Here ya go bud! You can chill out here until we get a better way to carry you around alright?" Yoyo slid right in slightly phasing through the objects in its way but solid enough to sit snug in the pack half open. Nori stood tall pulling it back on hanging it low behind him so the shade from his body to cover Yoyo.

Nori began to walk down what looked like an old unused pathway that followed along the river to his right it seemed to be more of a grassland type area and up far straight ahead he saw what look like the tree line of a forest. " That looks mighty interesting, maybe we should check the forest out for some shade for you and see if we can find any people around here as well!" turning his head back looking to Duskull as he said this it simply agreed trusting the mans decisions. After making a mutual agreement on where to go they headed off towards the forest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reiji Nakamura

Pokècoins : 9

PostSubject: Re: Obtaining first Pokémon (Late to the party) [C l o s e d]   Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:41 am

“I’m not sure what i’d name him honestly. Maybe it’ll come to me eventually..” Rei had replied to Angel’s question, Before he turned around. Out of the corner of his eye he had caught a glimpse of something...sparkly behind him. Then the shrub behind him began to shake. Rei took a stance out of instinct as if ready to take on whatever was awaiting him, staring the shrubbery down as it continued to rustle. Soon two Snow White, sparkly ears poked from the bush, then a whole head which turned and looked at Rei. Seeing his intense stare, the new Pokémon deemed him as some kind of threat and so it decided to scamper off. “Wait a sec...that was an eevee...they aren’t usually white..or sparkly. Oh! It’s a shiny! That’s so rare. I need to go after it and befriend it. You two but I’ll meet up with you both later!” Rei had said excitedly as he ran off into the woods after the very rare Pokémon, Snivy now on his head and clinging for its life as it’s new human friend bolted into the forest.
Soon Rei had found himself deeper in the woods, looking for any sign of the Pokémon. “Come out little guy! I won’t hurt you I promise! I know I must have used scary face or something but really I don’t mean any harm.” Rei shouted out hoping for a response. After a good while of searching Rei had begun to feel hopeless. That is until he heard a cry in the distance. “Could that be...?” He thought to himself before running in the direction of the sound with his Snivy.
They soon found themselves at the scene. The sparkly white eevee was surrounded by a trio of Pokémon. 3 very angry Beedrill. It was frozen in place, ears lowered and tail tucked between its legs.  “I’ve got to do something...” Rei thought to himself. But at the same time he found himself frozen in place too. He had a fear of bug types since he was child and was honestly too scared to go anywhere near them. Snivy, having felt sympathy for the eevee decided he would help as he was also  catching on to his human friend’s apparent fear after feeling him tremble underneath him. Snivy then proceeded to hop off of Rei’s head and walked up to the Beedrill, somehow keeping clam.
“Snivy!” The Pokémon cried out, getting the attention of all four Pokémon. The eevee was rather surprised to see Rei again. Especially after how it had encountered him before with that glare. Reí seeing his Pokémon confronting the Beedrill soon snapped out of his frozen state. He had realize this was his chance. “Opportunity is a very brief visitor.” Rei thought to himself. “Alright Snivy! If you’re planning to fight then we’ll do this together!” Rei said with some newly found  confidence after hatching a new plan. “Now uhh..what moves do you know?..” Rei asked in a rather confused tone. “Sniv..” the small Snivy simply sighed at him and soon lifted its tail like a weapon as it turned into basically metal. “Oh iron tail! Alright Snivy use iron tail!” Rei had commanded The Pokémon. Snivy nodded and proceeded to bash one of the Beedrill’s heads with its metal tail, causing it to faint instantly. “Alright! We’ve got this!” Said Rei feeling like he could take on the world. That confidence was soon dropped as the two very pissed off Beedrill came at Snivy at the same time, Readying their drills to take Snivy out. “Crap...” Rei thought as they both swung their drills and  hit Snivy, throwing him back and knocking him down. The Beedrill duo now readied a second attack but soon stopped in their tracks. The Eevee they were about to take out before was now standing before them, in a battle stance. This only pissed off the opposing Pokémon more, seeing their former prey standing up to them. “Buei!” It had cried out before it launched itself  at the two Beedrill, pushing one of them back. Rei simply stood there, watching as the events unfolded before shaking his head and returning to the situation before him. “Snivy! Can you still fight?” Asked Rei. “Sniv!” It cried out as it picked itself back up getting ready to battle alongside its new companaion against the Beedrill. “Alright lets do this!”
“Snivy use Iron tail! Eevee Use tackle!” The two pokemon turned back and nodded at Rei before they proceeded to attack two Pokémon. Snivy getting a hit off at one of the Beedrills faces, slamming his metallic tail across its face. Eevee meanwhile hit the Beedrill square on the stomach, knocking the wind out of it. Two Beedrill though not fainted had decided it would be best to retreat before they took more damage. They simply turned around and picked up their third friend, and buzzed off defeatey. “Oh. Well that’s happened...at least they’re gone now.” Rei thought to himself before looking down at the two Pokémon. “You both did great. Are you two ok?” Both simply nodded. Though eevee felt like he was the best and so if decided to be a smug little thing and gave Rei a sly smirk. “So uhh..I know we got off on the wrong foot..or paw before but. Would you want to come with me?” Rei asked the eevee wirh a warm smile this time. The eevee happily jumped onto Rei, tackling him down and licking his face. “Hey! I didn’t say use tackle! But I’ll take that as a yes.” Rei had said laughing. Snivy just stood to the side, judging the Eevee who just went from little badass to cute. Nonetheless he was happy to have a new team member.
The sun was now setting and Rei was making his way through the woods, trying to find his way out with the help of his new partners. Eevee who was in his arms and Snivy who rode atop his head, pointing him in the direction he needed to go. Soon they reached the entrance of the reservation. Rei had seen the sun was now setting. “Oh jeez. I could have sworn it was just noon..time really flies...also I need to get these two some pokeballs..” Rei thought to himself now as he walked into the reservation with his Pokémon. Making his way out now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holly

Pokècoins : 62

PostSubject: Re: Obtaining first Pokémon (Late to the party) [C l o s e d]   Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:15 pm

While she could be considered somewhat easily distracted, Stella was also observant. As such, Angel's giggling was not lost on her, and she found herself mildly offended despite not knowing why. "Hey! What're you laughing at?" she asked, crossing her arms. Though she wasn't really paying attention to him at the moment, she could tell Nathaniel found all of this very amusing - why, she couldn't tell. Of course, even Stella couldn't miss someone calling out 'shiny Pokemon', but she simply waved to the nameless boy and hoped she might stumble across him again later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kari

PostSubject: Re: Obtaining first Pokémon (Late to the party) [C l o s e d]   Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:38 pm

Angel blinked in surprise as the boy ran off, "Ah, g... goodbye then!" then smiled back at Stella warmly to continue their conversation "Oh, nothing at all! What a lovely lead Stella, Nathaniel really seems to enjoy it. Did you craft it all on your own?" Her hulking made a noise, seemingly a cross between a grumble and a growl, at the tiny Purrloin and based on the tone, it was probably something mocking or sardonic.

( very short I know but am waiting on Noro to arrive ^^; )

PostSubject: Re: Obtaining first Pokémon (Late to the party) [C l o s e d]   Sun May 06, 2018 12:38 am

The two lugged along the pathway, breaking across the treeline into the forest. Nori leaned his head back signaling to Yoyo it was okay to pop out now. " No more blinding sun for you bud! you can explore with me now." smiling to the Duskull. Duskull had phased right out of the pack, circling Nori's head then phasing through some trees near by exploring the location getting a sense of it. As they were traveling for some time down the path they hit a fork. " Hm, which way do you think we should head out to?" Nori looked to Yoyo. The phantom of a pokemon had peered down looking both pathways, it's eye switching between sockets of its mask. The pokemon nudged Nori to the left to signal which way as it said it's name in confidence of its decision.

Nori agreed as they went down the left end side of the fork, moments later after reaching another pathway that veered to the right. coming from straight across he could see a figure rushing by. The guy from before when they first met up and split up at the entrance, he couldn't remember his name if he told to him. the Duskull eyed them along with Nori as they passed on. "whoa, was that a shiny pokemon? it looked miscolored." Nori whispered to duskull, as the pokemon shrugged back. " Well, he, wait he has two?! How did he manage that so quickly it's only been a couple hours! I think." Nori scratched his head as he looked down to duskull. " We should go where he came from, maybe we'll find ourself a new oddly colored friend ourselves!" Nori then signaled the duskull to follow as he ran off into the other direction making their way down the new turn.

As they spent more time down the path the forest became much thicker. Nori had become sluggish after his initial sprint. " Whew, maybe I should've taken my time, you don't seem phased though bud it must be nice not having legs." The duskull snickered at the mans discomfort and tiredness after the comment. the continued on as moments passed once more Nori could see a few figures in the distance, one standing out quite a bit was the pale looking figure who was extremely white in color, ghostly even. Nori whispered to yoyo " I think that's a ghost, and i think it's scared those other two so much they're standing still! Who knew there were ghosts in these parts!" He thought for a second as he spoke up noting to duskull " Well, er, besides you." duskull grunted at him. " Anyways, Let's try to sneak up on it and catch it! maybe it's a pokemon of some type you never know!" The man snuck through the bushes as the duskull stared on wondering what he was doing. Nori continued as he got close up enough to be just in their direct path. He readied him self as he pounced out of the bushes arms spread aiming for the while figure with a seemingly odd amount of speed and force that wasn't much expected of him. " I GOT YOU NOW YOU PHANTASMAL FREAK, CMERE GHOST!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obtaining first Pokémon (Late to the party) [C l o s e d]   

Back to top Go down

Obtaining first Pokémon (Late to the party) [C l o s e d]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2