Welcome to the Islands of Oasis Cay, an isolated group of islands with a growing Pokémon population.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to the Oasis Cay Islands! Enjoy your stay~
Please welcome Kari as our newest staff member!

Share | 

The Journey Continues

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfos

Pokècoins : 17

PostSubject: The Journey Continues   Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:30 pm

Wolf was still getting used to how this all worked. He knew he should put Dez in his pokeball, at least that was what others did. Wolf found that he preferred to let Dez ride atop his shoulder.

"Dez, are you comfortable staying out of your pokeball?"

Dez quizzically looked at Wolf, then responded excitedly "Row-row!"

Wolf took that as a yes, Dez sitting atop his shoulder was a comfort. He knew as Dez grew he would eventually evolve and this wouldn't last forever. He let his gaze sweep the route ahead of them. He didn't see anybody around at the moment. He figured it would be a good time to take a break.

"You hungry? I know I am. How does a quick bite sound, Dez?"

Dez stomach growled and he started to hop in excitement and hopped down ready for the food "Rowlet! Let!"

Wolf bent down to set some food out for Dez to eat and sat by his partner keeping him company and having his own meal side by side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo

Pokècoins : 159

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:48 pm

Lost in the labyrinth, roads winding and unwinding, path forked and a road not taken through the hours of the day, not a spec of night light pouring into the vast open blue ahead. For once, on a day of leave, without any papers pouring out of the large satchel, flying into the clouds or letters requiring a hand to touch ink towards their empty services, a velvet red stamp and a pinch of a sugar-sweet doodle of a little Pelipper in thanks, an able and graceful figure with a limber spirit stepped by, honest eyes as pure as the driven snow of white locks flowing by.

An aimless wanderer, no drive or purpose, and yet, his aesthetically pleasing posture was reminiscent of the moon, shining brightly without fail in the darkness. Unsure of what to do with himself (oh, boss had insisted he made sure to have a nice long break for once, but he had to wonder why?), he found himself on the first route for... some reason he couldn't recall. Had he been heading this way? Had he? Or had he chosen the wrong path at that little fork in the middle where the leaves had been fairer, itching for a trodden claim instead?

... Ah, well, no point in breaking a sweat and worrying about it, was there? A nice cup of tea would clear the muddle of the mind and allow a higher level of alertness. One pair of human and Pokemon with ivory locks not unlike his own were together, enjoying one another's company.

Softly and quietly, he paced by, tapping the shoulder of the crimson-eyed trainer. "Hello." Mellifluously, with a rose by another name would sound as sweet. "Would it be alright if I joined you momentarily? I don't mean to intrude - a little company would be pleasant is all."

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Dez calmly looked the newcomer over, head lilting to the side in curiosity letting out a soft call "Row-rowlet"

Wolf turned his attention to the stranger, standing and facing the newcomer, "I welcome your company. No need to apologize either. Not a private space really, so I don't consider it an intrusion. More a chance meeting and interaction. It's nice to meet you. My name is Wolf. Wolf Reaper." Wolf stuck one hand in his pocket as he held out his arm with his free hand, bent and ready for Dez who took the signal and hopped up to perch on his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:07 pm

A quiet laughter in response, he brushed the dust off his oversized garb, folding over his knees to take a seat. Pale slender hands reached into the flap, plucking up a pouch of tea and a cup, an insulator with water and another with water that chilled to the core. Ceramics and antiques, too expensive to be carried around so casually in a bag, placed with precision and care around in preparation of some tea, both steaming and cool without fail. A wolf and a reaper, what an odd name, wasn't it? Not a name that one would expect from these parts, no sir. And a bird-like companion not unlike his cotton friend (who was kept quietly compartmentalized in her Pokeball).

While pouring the tea into his fragile cup, not unlike the fragile appearance of his own wiry body, he answered back, "The pleasure is all mine. I'm Yunnan Lao, but others" - at least he was sure that others did - "call me Trash, Pest, Spineless, Maggot, Dust, Plankton, Moron, and all sorts of other things, so call me whatever you like." Lists of only detrimental words and yet, spoken with a naturally-etched smile of unassuming nature and calmness, eyes never quite seeing in front of him. "Would you care for some tea as well? This kind is quite rare, and it would be a waste to have it all for myself."

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Wolf took a seat opposite Yunnan "Thank you for the offer. I would gladly try some tea." Dez still perched on Wolf's shoulder cooed "Rrrrow"

Wolf thought back to the list that was just given. Those weren't very friendly names at all. "I can't say that list was very endearing. Though it is nice to see that those names don't seem to phase you, but I wouldn't be using them. I'm also not great with nicknames until I get to know somebody better, or much in general. Seeing as we just met I will stick with Yunnan for now." Wolf pulled a treat out of his pocket and fed it to Dez on his shoulder as he waited for the tea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:07 pm

With care, another cup seemed to emerge from the hammer space that was his bag. Expertise came with the way of the tea, from small confections to a thin tea, perfect in complement to the light meal that the vermilion boy, not quite the same way that an electric guitar strummed, to make his heart race or for his blood to pump even faster within the confines of his flesh. Perhaps, more of the ecstasy one felt when the leaves fell from the trees, died in red and orange, with the harvest of the berries in the wake of winter. "I see. Then that's fine with me as well..." A pause, a wait, uncertainty in the tone of bells. "Wolf, was it?" The inflection at the end of Yunnan's voice rose to questioning, a curiosity and wariness in the thoughts of possibly getting it wrong.

"Hope you enjoy it. My boss gifted me this pouch when he bought it from overseas." Carefully, he set the tea in front of Wolf, the liquid inside churning a slight bit but never enough to spill. "It's quite the delicacy from... another set of islands, not much different from the Oasis. They call it Roserade Tea, I believe."

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:19 pm

Wolf lifted the tea up and took in the aroma for a moment. Then he touched the cup to his lips and sipped to taste. It was nice. It didn't feel thick or heavy on his tongue. He took a larger sip then took a moment so speak "To answer the question, yes it is Wolf. There are a few who find it strange. Thank you, I appreciate the kindness. Both if your offer of tea, and in you verifying my name so politely. Would it be safe for Dez to try some?" Wolf wondered what Dez might think of the tea, if it is safe of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:39 pm

Rosy-sweet, with the floral gracefulness of a dancer without its toxins filling the fragrance in the air. Of a punch just as sharp but never enough to overpower the modest tang of flowers with each sip, just right and perfected as well as any master artisan could make it in the ceremonial manner. "Aha, I wouldn't call it kind. But yes, it is safe for your companion to try. Leaves aren't too far from berries now, are they?" In association with one another, he would think, though he was never an expert on any of those matters. "The poisons were all extracted so that people and Pokemon can freely enjoy the taste without worry. Or so the company guarantees."

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:49 pm

Wolf decided that it must be safe with the new information. He just didn't want to risk hurting his partner. He gently lifted up his tea to Dez and let him take a sip.

"What do you think? Do you like it?"

Dez flapped his wings slightly in joy and let out a sing-song, "Rrrrrow~"

Wolf turned his attention back to Yunnan, "So, do you have anywhere specific you are going?" Wolf was curious about the new traveler and what their journey might be like so far. He wanted to try to form bonds with anybody he came across, whether they be rival, friend, or even enemy. A bond can exist, no matter how it is formed. He believed that once you met that bond was created, and it depended on the two who met to determine what the bond was and would be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:54 am

A little owl that sang a voice of approval to the high heavens and a young boy whose smile brightened in response, as though he could light up the world just from having the creature of grass enjoying the beverage he made. Wings beating in the air from, what did the trainer call his Pokemon? Dez? (what a strange name, was it short for something else? Could someone make a nickname out of a nickname?), Yunnan's eyes snapped back towards Wolf's, doe-like and soft. "Hmm..." A path he was taking or where he was journeying...

"I don't remember, haha. People consider it odd and call me a 'useless airhead' usually." Mind as black as can be, in a tabula rasa state, he kept the curves of his pale lips weaved across his features. "It must be strange to others. But what about you? Where are you headed?"

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   

Back to top Go down

The Journey Continues
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next