Oasis Cay Islands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Islands of Oasis Cay, an isolated group of islands with a growing Pokémon population.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to the Oasis Cay Islands! Enjoy your stay~
Please welcome Kari as our newest staff member!

Just Curious [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Reaper
Admin
Reaper

Pokècoins : 84

Just Curious [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 12:38 am

Laine looked down at the Luxray his hands a raised a bit away from the creature. He didn't understand really but he was certain this was in relation to the thing now. Rayler just changing as simple as that even the ranger was surprised.. "No, no it's fine. I understand wanting to be cautious." He was a cautious person all the time in the city.

Then he gestured to the luxray. "Now this. This I don't know about. I guess I just have a certain effect on some pokemon cause I get things like this all the time and then there are times where pokemon straight up avoid me." Please don't catch on... Please don't. The blond thought he really didn't need his secret getting out, but he had a feeling that this ranger was going to find someway to drag it out of him if he knew of the certain situation he was in.
Back to top Go down
https://oasiscay.forumotion.com
Echo

Echo

Pokècoins : 159

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 12:58 am

Was he trying to be discreet? "Dude, you are shitty at keeping secrets." For someone who seemed to be unnerved, unwilling to let him catch onto whatever sort of special effects or powers he had, he sure spilled way too many details to make it all the more obvious. Rayler signaling him to go into his room and grab it only confirmed his suspicions. Elliot sighed, pulling his Apricorn ball out and withdrawing his partner back in before facing back towards Laine. "Relax. I have something to show you." Ducking into the other door, he quickly rummaged through his things - which wasn't much - to find the locked box. Prisma's technology was remarkable really, to have it be unlocked only with his capture styler. He twisted the top onto the slot and, with his hands, he took out the object, tenderly covered with fabric and went back to the table.

"So. You know what this is?" Pulling over the cloth revealed, in his hands, a large fang adorned in yellow, electricity trickling and sparking ever so often in spider webs gently across the surface. Normally, he wouldn't have brought this out so readily, but... his partner knew better than he did about who was the right person to show this to.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Admin
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 1:45 am

Laine slumped. "Of course I am." The blond said dully. He didn't even look when the pokemon was recalled, and the ranger got up and walked into another room. What was he going to say about this? What was the ranger even doing? Did he know what was going on or not? Questions raced through Laine's mind as he struggled to come up with something believable. He didn't have to really try hard to hide this from the general public, but with person who was apart of the research team? He should have known better. Should have been a lot more careful...

Brown eyes followed the object in his hands. What did he have? Curiosity and fear ate at him for not keeping his secret so well. As soon as the object was uncovered eyes changed color and a somewhat different voice spoke. "So you knew, and know of us?" The voice asked. Not quite Laine leaned forward on the table, hands folded. "I knew I should have chased off your pokemon but I figured that would have been too unusual for a normal human. I thought I was giving him a chance." The voice said.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 2:00 am

Okay, not the reaction he was expecting. Really, he was expecting some god of thunder to boom down and possibly light the cabin on fire from all of the lightning striking everywhere, but no. That wasn't it at all. Blondie was speaking with a different pitch playing to his tune - and it was most definitely not a voice changer -, and eyes don't normally change colors like that. It wasn't that chocolate brown color from before. It was, without a doubt, most definitely, bright bloody scarlet. A change in posture and demeanor, far more authoritative and demanding than before, a far cry from the slumped defeated way the other had looked after the news came out.

If he had to be honest with himself, he... had zero clue what to do or say. This was the one connected to the Bolt Fang itself and not the kid who had come asking him for career guidance. Elliot played with the tips of his hair with his hands, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, I do. I know about you and the rest of them. Not all of it. But enough." Speaking with one of them was certainly not in his plans of whatsoever, and really, he would've preferred if it were Magnolia or Claire doing this instead, but beggars can't be choosers. "You could've chased Rayler all you want, but secret was out. He's an excellent judge of character, so chill. I wasn't going to hand you over to some bastard after the others went through the trouble of retrieving you after your last Bonded kicked the bucket."
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Admin
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 2:26 am

"I greatly appreciate you holding on to the item for me, but it would be very hard to break this bond since I made it rather early with this one." It wasn't fun for his bonded at the start the pain that came with holding this power was apparent sometimes, but eventually Laine had grown use to it, and soon human and Legendary became friends. A hand reached over and picked up the tooth rippling with electricity. "If you don't mind I will be holding on to this again. If you have any questions ask him, I got some things I need to do."

Soon enough the eye color vanished, and the tone changed back to normal. "So yeah.. that happened." The blond said. "I bet you have a ton of questions for me then." This ranger would be the first to know about his bond with Raikou. No one else had learned so far, but they weren't exactly looking for it.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 2:42 am

For a legendary, it was actually... Not that hard to talk to this one. He expected voices that echoed and shook the ends of the earth and back, and power so overwhelming that it probably would've killed him to be in proximity and remind him that he was just an extremely normal person compared to one of those people, but this one actually seemed to go more with the flow and didn't bite his ass off with an all-mighty attitude. Almost relieving, really, because he did not want to be tasked with keeping the pact items in secret ever again. It was absurdly lucky that Kari never found the box and tried to explode it open.

Elliot didn't have much time to respond before Laine came back; he was glad, honestly. He was sure he was a bit more on edge and knocked down a few pegs when talking to the other one, but oh well. Swallowing a few unsavory words down his throat, Elliot shoved his hands into his pockets, fiddling with Rayler's Pokeball. "Not really. It's best that I know as little as possible, for your own safety." Elliot cleared his throat, stretching his arms above him. "Your legendary would smite me if I didn't answer yours though, so let's just. I don't know, fucking start this over, I guess."

"You wanted to know about being a ranger, right?"
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Admin
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 1:06 pm

He didn't understand. How would it be for his own safety if he didn't ask questions? Honestly he was kind of surprised that the ranger didn't want to ask him questions in the slightest. Though the smiting part didn't sound like it. "My titan isn't really the smiting type. Now someone like zapdos on the other hand.." That bird had some issues sometimes. Though now the fact that Elliot seemed more willing to answer his questions was somewhat of a relief. "Yes. Living on this island doesn't exactly tell you much about the outside world."
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Huh, so he had met Zapdos as well? Or did Raikou give him that information? Elliot shook his head halfheartedly, slightly grateful that the thunder beast wouldn't send him to the depths of hell, but walking on eggshells sounded just fine - just in case. "For better or for worse. Living here is both great and absolutely fucking stupid," he responded, face contorted into a slight grimace.

"Anyway, rangers. They're kind of like the police force, but for both people and Pokemon." Damn it, he really wasn't the best at explaining things to others. At all. Mouth opening and closing on occasion, as though searching for the right words, a small 'tch' escaped. "You're basically supposed to watch over an entire area and protect it from harm."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Curious [Closed]   Just Curious [Closed] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Curious [Closed]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2