Oasis Cay Islands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Islands of Oasis Cay, an isolated group of islands with a growing Pokémon population.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to the Oasis Cay Islands! Enjoy your stay~
Please welcome Kari as our newest staff member!

Alola! Welcome! [First Topic]

Go down 
+9
Holly
sleepy
Bunny
Titanium
Wolfos
Ink
Americanfacepalm
Honey Badger
Reaper
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Holly

Pokècoins : 62

Alola! Welcome! [First Topic] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alola! Welcome! [First Topic]   Alola! Welcome! [First Topic] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 8:11 am

Zoey's carefully crafted facade of nonchalance was swept out from under her along with her feet, and she fell back. "H-hey!" she half-whispered, her voice cracking slightly and sounding a lot less confident than it typically would as she scrambled to try and both not fall over and not let her sunglasses fall. She failed in the former, but succeeded in the latter, and slowly pulled herself back up from the ground. 'Quick, play it off,' she thought to herself. Hearing the other person the one who had knocked her over had run into, she chimed in with a slightly forced laugh, "I hope you're not expecting anyone else to fall for you after that display."
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Pokècoins : 72

PostSubject: Re: Alola! Welcome! [First Topic]   Alola! Welcome! [First Topic] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 9:14 am

She was totally fine.

Until he kissed her.

Her face flushed a red that nearly rivaled her long hair at that, and she gaped rather openly at the boy underneath her. Her mouth opened and closed a few times as she struggled to find words, making her look rather comically like a fish. "D-did you just---?" Her normally warm, raspy voice finally came out as a flustered squeak, her eyes wide with shock. Kari then recovered quickly and bounced backwards away from him, swiping desperately at her cheek to wipe away the lingering feeling. Squeezing her eyes shut, she lividly snapped "THAT SO DIDN'T JUST HAPPEN!" before kicking the poor unsuspecting boy in the shin.

Hard.

Kari then whirled around to turn her back to him, crossing her arms over her chest and lifting her chin. "And maybe next time if you wouldn't stand in my way, you wouldn't get crushed!"

Her logic was clearly flawed, but she was so embarrassed she didn't much care right now. Instead, she deliberately focused her attention on the girl she had tripped over. She reached out a hand, introducing herself and shooting her an apologetic look. "The name's Kari. Sorry about... ya know. That."

Last edited by Kari on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Titanium

Titanium

Pokècoins : 10

PostSubject: Re: Alola! Welcome! [First Topic]   Alola! Welcome! [First Topic] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 9:29 am

Miko was running. She had misjudged the time and, as usual, was late. Her leather book was clutched tightly to her chest, her white hair in a somewhat messy plait down her back. She made it to the crowd and edged her way through, trying to get to the front of the crowd. What would her Pokemon be like? How many heads would it have? Would it be big or small? Could it fly? If it could fly, would it have wings? What was it like to fly up with the birds? Her attention had been turned to the sky, her gaze coming to rest on the fluffy white clouds, as she imagined soaring up there with the birds. She wasn’t paying attention, as per usual, and bumped into someone. ”Oops! Sorry!” She said, awkwardly looking at the ground. She vaguely registered the fact that she was barefoot. Why was she barefoot? Where were her shoes? She must have forgotten to put them on this morning in her haste to go read.

Would her Pokemon have multiple feet?
Back to top Go down
Bunny

Bunny

Pokècoins : 14

PostSubject: Re: Alola! Welcome! [First Topic]   Alola! Welcome! [First Topic] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 3:09 pm

At the back, taking her sweet time to the big event, was Olive. Walking briskly yet oddly slow, the black and white haired girl hung her back and admired the seamless sky. It wasn't unusual for the days to be warm and sunny like this, but it was better than being in bustling crowd gathering just outside the Flora Pokemon Reservation. Maybe she was even late, but that wasn't her concern. Why be the first when there was no prize?

Just as she was thinking of this, something bumped into her quite violently. Turning with an annoyed look on her pale and rounded face, she squinted at the other, coldly. "There's no need to rush." the girl spoke, in her usual, heavy French accent. Grabbing the other's wrist with her cold fingers, she pulled her after her at a slow pace. "We're gonna walk together, slowly, and you'll get your Pokemon at some point, without bumping into any more people." Olive smiled, a rather mean look in her eyes.

~~~

Up in a tree and kicking her feet with a grin of pleasure, sat Iulia, looking down at the people, waving at strangers even if few noticed her. Dark skinned, she was blending right into the shadows cast by the leaves. Everyone was so excited, and the place radiated with good vibes. Her own parents were going to get themselves Pokemon, but today they were too busy. So it was her chance to be independent and chose her new companion.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Admin
Reaper

Pokècoins : 84

PostSubject: Re: Alola! Welcome! [First Topic]   Alola! Welcome! [First Topic] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 11:31 pm

Jasmine stood somewhere in the crowd, a little bit unsure of what she would find in that reservation. She had heard a lot of things about pokemon, but due to her particular hobby she was hoping for a electric type. It was because of that hobby that she was almost late to the opening. She didn't really have any time to get too cleaned up. She had a bandanna wrapped around her head. A little bit of grease and oil stained her clothes but her exposed skin was nice and clean. Well.. Hopefully.

Mason stood at the back of the crowd. He didn't like the people, but he wanted a pokemon, and if he had to deal with a crowd then so be it. He felt a nudge in his side, as Laine gestured to pay attention to the professor with a smile. The younger boy rolled his eyes a bit before letting out a huff. He just wanted to get inside and get away from people as fast as possible.

Laine wasn't sure why Mason was so grumpy today. He knew that it might be because of the crowd but this was worse than usual and the day wasn't really anything bad for the duo. Laine let out a hum, his eyes drifting back to the professor. He woulld just let Mason do his own thing. It wasn't like he could stop the boy from being grumpy.

The Professor looked around at the gathered crowd. This was a good starting crowd. She knew that people would continue to come in, some of them wouldn't be able to make the start time. She tucked her sleek black hair behind her ear before clasping her hands together to speak once again."So congratulations on being the first group accepted to getting a first pokemon on Oasis Cay!" Magnolia said. "My team, and the rest of the teams have worked very hard the past couple years to get to this point. So let's get to the exciting part shall we? First, you are only allowed one pokemon. Second, you will have to bond with the pokemon you want, in this case the pokemon choose you too. Once you have bonded with the pokemon come back here and you will receive a pokeball to officially capture the pokemon. The only exception to the single pokemon rule is if the pokemon usually come in a pair then you can have them both. A pair like this would be Plusle and Minun. Third of all, Have fun. Explore the area. Don't go for the first pokemon you see. If you have any questions or concerns, please come to any staff in the area. We will be on standby to help you."

Magnolia stepped to the side, and nodded to the girl again to unlock the doors to the reservation. "Go get your pokemon!" She said, ready to see the excitement and chaos unfold.
Back to top Go down
https://oasiscay.forumotion.com
Wolfos

Wolfos

Pokècoins : 17

PostSubject: Re: Alola! Welcome! [First Topic]   Alola! Welcome! [First Topic] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 11:34 pm

Wolf watched as the girl's face grew more red until it was nearly the same as her hair. Seeing her try to respond and being so flustered made him think she was even more cute. He was waiting to see how this would go. First, she started asking a question, then she denied it even happening...

Then she kicked him in the shin. It was a hard kick too, so his face lost a small amount of composure in a wince, but he had a pain tolerance and quickly recovered his cool demeanor. She had climbed off of him now and was spitting out words that didn't make sense, like the whole incident was his fault, but that was alright. She clearly was flustered by the kiss on her cheek and embarrassed. Wolf decided to let the flawed logic go and pick himself up while she went over to another girl that she seemed to be apologizing too. Was she a part of all this too?

Wolf approached her just as she was saying her name. Kari? Hmm, that was a pretty name for a beautiful girl. He reached out just to tap her shoulder, "Kari, my name is Wolf. I think we might have gotten started off on the wrong foot---literally. Anyway, I still stand by my offer to go grab some food and get to know each other a bit more, and I don't regret the kiss. You are beautiful, and it was my way of showing it." Wolf spoke it all as if her being flustered and her kicking him had no affect on his thoughts, and they didn't. He kept his confidence and he had already made up his mind that he would at least get to know this girl. He didn't give up so easily.

Wolf looked past Kari to the other girl. He couldn't really tell how she was involved in all of this yet, but he thought all would be clear soon and decided not to ask. If it didn't come up eventually he would ask then, but now didn't seem to be the time.
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Pokècoins : 10

PostSubject: Re: Alola! Welcome! [First Topic]   Alola! Welcome! [First Topic] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 12:33 am

The moment they were allowed to go in, Bishop was quick to start moving. They hated crowds - mostly groups as tight as this one was. It felt overwhelming, all the different voices and conversations that was going on. A few startled screams here and there - they tried to ignore it as they ran through what the professor had said. Just...Let the Pokemon come for them, huh? That didn't sound super hard but...Well, Bishop didn't want to be here. It hadn't been their choice to get a Pokemon but instead their parents had more or less forced them to take part in this. For a good cause, maybe...But it still wasn't really their choice.

They were quick to split up from the crowd, to go their own way into the large reserve. The chatter of Pokemon echoed all around them, and they almost paused just to soak it all in. Born in the city, they hadn't really ever taken the time to..Take in the world around them. There was movements in the trees - flying Pokemon cawing as they fluttered from branch to branch. Bushes rumbling with movement...But they remained in place in the center of it all, a concern look flooding over their face.

And they were suppose to pick just one? Or well...The Pokemon was suppose to pick them. They let out a shaky sigh as the heaviness of the situation flooded over them. What if they failed? What if they were one of the few to walk away from this reservation without a Pokemon to their name? Would their parents be disappointed? They shook their head as they stumbled their way over to the nearest tree, planting their back to it as the slowly slide to the ground. Their breath came quicker than they would like, a strong reminder of why their parents had forced them here...And it only made things worst.

Shoving their head into their hands, Bishop felt their body start to shake. Their heart was beating fast, their breath catching in their throat as they tried to remind themselves to breath. Having a panic attack...Having a panic attack in the middle of a reservation wasn't the type of scene they wanted to cause. Not that they ever wanted to cause a scene of any type. But as the moments stretched on, their panic breath only seem to grow worst and worst as their whole body quivered.

That was when they felt something wrap around their leg.

They jolted, being mindful not to kick out in surprise by the leg that had just been touched in their panic as their gaze snapped up to stare at whatever had touched them. Their gaze fell upon a small creature, its body white although a green...Fin? They weren't quiet sure covered its head with two light red horns that stuck out from beneath it. Its eyes were covered yet Bishop was certain it was staring at  them, its tiny arms wrapped around their leg in a hug. Bishop easily recongized the Pokemon before in the stunned silence.

It was a Ralts. But...That didn't make sense. They had heard that Ralts could sense emotions but they were attracted to positive ones. Why had it appeared before them? Slowly, their breath started to come back to them as they leaned forward to stare at the Ralts. "Um...Hello," they cooed softly, terrified that any sudden movements would startle away such a rare sight. The Ralts didn't make any response - remaining silent as it titled its head, resting its chin on Bishop's knee as it gave him a tight squeeze for a moment. They could only stare in wonder until it hit them - the Ralts was trying to comfort them. It wanted to make sure they were fine.

"I-I'm fine, little buddy. Thank you," they responded, although their voice raised up in a confused tone as they finished. "Um...M-My name is Bishop. Its...Nice to meet you?" There wasn't a sound of response from the Ralts but it did slowly release their knee but didn't make a dart for the undergrowth or anything. It simply...Remained. "Um..." They blinked as they leaned against the tree, struggling to think of what words to say. "I'm...I'm suppose to find a partner out here. Do...do you want to be mine?" They weren't sure what kind of response they were expecting to get, but the timid nod from the Ralts still startled them. "Oh-Oh! I'm...I'm happy you think so. I was worried that I wouldn't...Well...Um...You can sense that, can't you?" Another moment of silence. "I'm sorry, I've never talked to a Pokemon before. I'm not even good talking to people...I've never really been around a Pokemon before and I don't kno-"

They were cut off as the Ralts wrapped his arms around their knee again, making a small padding motion. It...It was trying to comfort them. Truthfully, they were very startled by the turn of luck this was. Their parents had wanted a Pokemon that could help with their panic attacks but to find one that could not only sense the emotion but...This...It was a little much. Slowly, Bishop pushed themselves to their feet, making careful movements as they stared down at the Ralts. "So...Uh...Do you want me to carry you or...?" The Ralts responded by throwing his hands up like a toddler, his arm spread wide open in an invitation to be carried. With a small nod, Bishop leaned down and scooped up the Ralts like they would a baby. The Ralts, quiet as ever, almost nestled into their chest like a content meowth or eevee would. "...I'm gonna call you Damir," they said as they turned and started to head back toward the entrance of the reservation.

OOC: Will do a post for Abby later.
Back to top Go down
sleepy

sleepy

Pokècoins : 11

PostSubject: Re: Alola! Welcome! [First Topic]   Alola! Welcome! [First Topic] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 1:03 am

He was surrounded by rivals.

Cato threaded his way through the crowd, hands slipped into his jacket pockets and a wooden pick between his teeth. A few faces in the crowd looked like they were about to melt with excitement, but he kept aloof, deaf to the buzz and the enthused chatter, until it began to lift into shouts and yelps. He lifted a keen eye to some of the commotion stirring in the pool of people, and danced backward as a boy and girl went careening together toward the floor.

He would've called it lucky, if it weren't for the subsequent sharp kick to the shin. Cato rubbed the back of his neck, letting the toothpick fall from his lips as the guy recovered his feet, seemingly unfazed, and already pushing for a date. The cajones on this guy! As somewhat of an expert in getting punched in the face by women, he gave an A for perseverance, but a D for execution. With an incredulous grin, he turned away and made his way closer to the front, where the professor was speaking.

This was all he cared about. This was the first step. The reservation doors swung open and Cato drifted on the surge of trainers into the soft green fields.
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Pokècoins : 72

PostSubject: Re: Alola! Welcome! [First Topic]   Alola! Welcome! [First Topic] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 1:16 am

Kari was about to respond snidely and shut him down when the professor's voice reached her ears. It was time! Suddenly everyone around her was totally beyond irrelevant and she was off like a rocket once more.

She did however, make sure to stomp on his foot as she strode past while blurting out a rushed, "NOPE. You can keep your hands and your lips and your food to yourself, I got a Pokemon to catch!" and bolting for the doors. She was the second one inside, what with all her shoving, and what she saw upon entering stole her breath instantly. There were Pokemon everywhere!

Varying bird Pokemon flew overhead, their wings beating the air and their cries musical and pleasant. just ahead of her, a group of cat-like pokemon lazed, seemingly gossiping like a bunch of girls. She tried to name them in her head. Glameow? Purrloin? Meowth maybe? Upon seeing her, they turned up their noses and padded away.

How rude!

Whatever, she didn't have time for them anyways. She was going to catch a strong Pokemon! Not some sassy cat thing.

Kari took off in a randomly selected direction, running like there was a pack of vicious Mightyena at her heels. After some time, she found herself lost in a semi-forested area. She couldn't hear the bird Pokemon anymore, which meant she was likely pretty far into the reservation. Her red eyes swept the area curiously. She didn't intend to catch a bug or a normal type Pokemon. Granted, the Professor said that the Pokemon had to choose them back, but it didn't mean that Kari couldn't try to seek out a cooler type. Maybe a dragon type? Ohhh she hoped she found a dragon type. Or a steel type! Maybe an Electric---

Her thoughts were interrupted by a shrill, panicked cry to her right. She turned, eyes wide as she watched a tiny orange bird-like Pokemon burst from the bushes. It caught sight of her in almost the exact same moment and launched itself at her torso. She instinctively caught the little chick Pokemon, holding it close to her chest and staring at it in surprise. The little thing began instantly chattering at her in a frantic tone, but she had no idea what it was trying to tell her.

"Ehh? What are you freaking out over? Are you hungry or something?"

"Torchic-tor!"

"Well, nice to meet you Torchic"

"TORCHIC TOR TOR CHIC TOR!"

"You sure you're not hungry? You seem a little upset buddy."

"TORRRR"

It dug it's tiny talons into her shirt, turning it's head to point frantically at the direction it had came from. Kari stared in absolute confusion, until a rather furious looking Totodile burst from the bushes while sputtering angrily at them. Kari blinked, still holding the fluffy orange chick as the situation finally dawned on her. "Ohhhhhh."

The Torchic stared blandly at her, seemingly donning a 'told you so' expression. "Tor tor!"

Totodile opened it's jaws then, displaying rows of jagged teeth.

Kari took that as her queue to run, clutching the Torchic to her chest as the Totodile chased after them. "NOPE NOPE NOPE" She chanted, her long red hair flying behind her as she jumped over uplying roots and stumps. Before long, she was back to the front of the reservation, sweating and panting and still clutching Torchic protectively.

She let him hop down before flopping on the grass next to him to catch her breath. He leaned over her, staring at her face before pecking her on the forehead. This brought a breathy laugh from her as she reached up to pat him on the head. "I think... I'll call you Hotaru." She grinned, petting him as he nodded, seemingly satisfied with the name.

"Torchic!"

She supposed a fire type would work just fine.

~~~

Oh! It looked like it was time.

Angel quietly drifted towards the open doors, careful not to bump anyone as she passed through. Upon entering she felt cool grass under her bare feet, drawing a dreamy smile from her. Steadily, she made her way further in. A Plusle and Minun raced towards her, dancing playfully around her legs before running off in another direction. They seemed to be playing tag. How cute! She giggled softly before continuing on her way. She hummed quietly as she walked, long white hair swaying with every movement she made. She looked almost like a ghost.

A soft breeze toyed at her skirts in an elegant way, giving her an air of gentle mystery. She looked beyond out of place here, outfit formal and elaborate, hair long and braided in spots. Her appearance would honestly be more fitting at a ball or in a castle somewhere. Yet, here she was, lilac eyes studying the gathered Pokemon curiously. She continued to drift along. The city was never this peaceful or inviting she mused, leaning down to run her fingertips over the delicate petals of a nearby flower. She didn't pick it, instead choosing to pull out a notebook and pencil from a pocket hidden in her skirts. Taking a seat in the lush grass, she flipped to a blank page and began to draw. It was a rough sketch, but a surprisingly accurate one nonetheless.

She was there for some time, seemingly having forgotten about finding a Pokemon. She would finish a sketch, only to find another nearby flower or tree and sit down to recreate it on paper. Angel was totally engrossed in the task at hand, so imagine her surprise when she finished drawing the branches of a particularly vibrant tree and looked up to find a large blue and white Pokemon sitting beside her. It seemed to have been watching her. She squeaked in sudden surprise, teetering over and falling off of the rock she had been perched on.

The fluffy feline creature calmly continued watching her with a piercing scarlet gaze.

Angel stared at it for a long moment, eyeing the large, sabre like horn adorning it's head. When it didn't make any move to harm her, she relaxed with a sigh. Getting to her feet again, she brushed off her skirts and smiled at it warmly. "Good morning! My name is Angel. What's yours?"

Oh right, Pokemon couldn't talk.

What was this one doing here? The two stared at each other for a long while before eventually Angel shrugged. "Do you want to come with me? I think I was supposed to come find a Pokemon... I don't remember."

It continued to stare at her, expression unreadable. However, when she turned and started walking back towards the entrance of the reservation, the strangely quiet Pokemon stood and began to follow her.

Last edited by Kari on Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holly

Pokècoins : 62

PostSubject: Re: Alola! Welcome! [First Topic]   Alola! Welcome! [First Topic] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 1:52 am

Stella's response to the statement that they could go in was immediate - she ran ahead, tugging Fey along by the wrist. "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon!" Her energy was at an all-time high all of the sudden, and all her attention fell to dragging Fey along with her on their little adventure. One where, hopefully, they'd make some new friends! "We've gotta get to the best Pokemon! I wanna be friends with all of them!"

Pokemon surrounded them, and it was impossible to try and pick which ones she wanted to approach, so she moved past all of them with Fey in tow.

~

Zoey blinked as the girl shot down the boy she had crashed into, and instead walked over to her and reached out a hand, which she took with a grin. "I'm Zoey," she said as smoothly as possible. "But you can call me Z, girl of your dreams. It's nice to meet you, Kari. It's alright - you've already got two of us falling for you." Sure, she'd used that one already, but whatever - she was on a roll, and it wasn't really a pun this time. And then Kari was gone, and Zoey chased after her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alola! Welcome! [First Topic]   Alola! Welcome! [First Topic] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alola! Welcome! [First Topic]
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Oasis Cay Islands :: Old Canon :: Preboot :: Flora Pokemon Resvervation :: Welcome Center-
Jump to: