Oasis Cay Islands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Islands of Oasis Cay, an isolated group of islands with a growing Pokémon population.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to the Oasis Cay Islands! Enjoy your stay~
Please welcome Kari as our newest staff member!

Idol Debut! [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MyrrhDarkwing

Pokècoins : 10

Idol Debut! [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Idol Debut! [Open]   Idol Debut! [Open] EmptySat May 05, 2018 8:35 pm

She was late, but she was ready. It had taken a bit of convincing to get her mother to agree to let her travel here to get a Pokemon of her own, but in the end-- well, here she was! Kashi skipped up and into the entrance to the reservation, looking around until she found the Pokeball dispenser. With a Pokeball she could get a Pokemon, and that's all she needed, right? Probably. It didn't help that she actually had no idea what she was doing.

But-- even if she didn't know what she was doing, she knew exactly what Pokemon she wanted to get! Something adorable, sweet, and most importantly, one that would sing along with her in her (hopeful future) idol career! There was only one option. That's right: a Jigglypuff. She'd seen videos of them with their cute little microphones and everything!

Though, she had no idea what sort of environment a Jigglypuff would be in. Tentatively, she wandered around the reservation, trying not to attract the attention of the larger Pokemon. Just in case. Yes, another good side of Jigglypuff was how small and non-threatening it was... She'd never be able to handle training something that could probably eat her! If... Pokemon could even eat humans. She was pretty sure some could, but really didn't want to find out the hard way.

"Eep!" A sudden little burst of heat broke her out of her thoughts. A little fox had darted forward, seeming to be fascinated by the straps on her sandal. Or at least, it seemed to be trying to chew on one. Which... didn't seem particularly threatening? Maybe it was trying to play with her? Maybe it could breathe fire? Okay, no, it could definitely breathe fire. It was also the actual cutest thing Kashi had ever seen. She couldn't stop herself from scooping it up in her arms and cuddling it close against her chest, cooing over how adorable the little thing was. It responded with little sparks of flame and nuzzling into her-- thankfully not at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Holly

Pokècoins : 62

Idol Debut! [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Debut! [Open]   Idol Debut! [Open] EmptySat May 05, 2018 10:14 pm

As she walked up to the Pokeball dispenser, Luna reached up to brush her hair out of her face. Okay, right. Get a Pokeball, get a Pokemon. That was simple enough. She marched out into the Reservation proper with a confident look on her face, and started exploring in a random direction.

The confident grin quickly turned to a frown as no powerful Fire-types revealed themselves to her. She saw Pokemon, certainly - she almost tripped over a Shroomish -but no Pokemon that interested her. None of them seemed very interested in her, either.

She continued on for a bit, crossing her arms to somehow convey her frustration with the fact that the day wasn't going the way she had wanted it to, until she actually did trip on something and lose her grip on the Pokeball. It wasn't a Pokemon she had tripped on, but the root of a nearby tree - though as she hit the ground she did find herself face-to-face with a Pokemon in the grass.

A Growlithe. Well, it was the only Fire-type she'd found, anyway, so it would have to do. She struggled a bit, but eventually managed to pull herself up and retrieve her Pokeball, putting it in her pocket for now. And then she got back onto the ground to face the Growlithe again. At least this time it was on purpose.

She reached out to pet it with one of her hands, and grinned when it leaned into her touch. It was so soft and warm. Yes, this was definitely her new partner. Well, if she could catch it. She moved her hand from her new friend to her pocket, ignoring the whine of protest, and retrieved the Pokeball. Wordlessly, she held it out, and waited for the Growlithe's reaction.

As she had hoped, it stepped forward and pressed the button on the ball itself. Click, click... Complete! And then there was a flash of light as it let itself out. So it wanted to stay outside. That was fine, as far as she was concerned. She pocketed the ball once more, and continued walking until she came across another person. Suddenly, she realized she must look kind of ridiculous - completely covered in dirt, with a perfectly clean Pokemon.

She glared at the person in question, unsure of who they were and unsure of whether to speak. While typically she liked uncertainty, because it meant risks and adventures, she wasn't very fond of it when it came to interacting with others.
Back to top Go down
MyrrhDarkwing

Idol Debut! [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Debut! [Open]   Idol Debut! [Open] EmptySat May 05, 2018 10:24 pm

Kashi looked up from her beloved new Vulpix (who was most definitely not a Jigglypuff, but she could no longer bring herself to care) only to see another girl. Oh, good. She wasn't the only one who had been this late to pick a Pokemon! And that Pokemon looked so fluffy and cute too... though of course, her Vulpix was cuter. Her Vulpix was the cutest! A small, fluffy, adorable fox that spat fire!

"Hi," she offered after several seconds of just staring between Vulpix and Growlithe. "I'm Kashi. This is... Sango. Is that name okay with you, Sango?"

The little Vulpix spat out several little embers, tails waving around in what Kashi was going to assume was contentment with its new name. Well, she wasn't on fire, so it couldn't be that displeased with her!
Back to top Go down
Holly

Idol Debut! [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Debut! [Open]   Idol Debut! [Open] EmptySun May 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Luna studied the other girl and her Vulpix for a moment before finally responding. "I'm Luna, and this is Blaze." She had picked out the name before she left her home - a fitting one for a powerful Fire-type Pokemon, and the Growlithe just barked in response, so it seemed like he was fine with it. "It's, uh-- I like your hair!" she offered, unable to think of anything else to say. It was true, anyway, which was more than could be said for most compliments she gave.
Back to top Go down
MyrrhDarkwing

Idol Debut! [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Debut! [Open]   Idol Debut! [Open] EmptyMon May 07, 2018 3:35 pm

"I like your puppy!" Kashi says cheerfully, crouching down to set the newly-named Sango on the ground. "It's... fire, right? Does it spit fire?" Sango does her best to breathe fire, which mostly involves setting a tiny patch of the grass on fire through repeatedly spitting embers onto it. "Or, you know, however cute puppies light things on fire... Sango! We can't burn the reservation. They'll kick us out!"
Back to top Go down
Holly

Idol Debut! [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Debut! [Open]   Idol Debut! [Open] EmptyMon May 07, 2018 4:03 pm

"Well, I hope so," Luna shrugged. What use was a powerful Fire-type that couldn't breathe fire? Or at the very least set itself on fire?

Seemingly excited by Sango's endeavors to set something in the Reservation on fire, Blaze barked at the grass, a few flames escaping his mouth, drawing Luna's mild concern. "Blaze!" she exclaimed, though unfazed by the fire itself. "Don't overwork yourself!" she ordered. "We've got to start training later!"
Back to top Go down
MyrrhDarkwing

Idol Debut! [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Debut! [Open]   Idol Debut! [Open] EmptyMon May 07, 2018 6:42 pm

"What kind of training are you going to do? I'm thinking about getting Sango involved in my idol career, somehow..." Okay, so she's just an internet idol for now, really. But that's a start! It's definitely a start. She has the looks and talent for it, she just needs something to set herself apart a little... And that's where Sango comes in! "It would've been easier with a Jigglypuff, but... just look at her! She's adorable! How could I say no?"
Back to top Go down
Holly

Idol Debut! [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Debut! [Open]   Idol Debut! [Open] EmptyFri May 18, 2018 1:43 pm

"Really, who can say no to fire? I... Actually don't know yet. But Blaze and I are gonna be the best at whatever we do! Right, Blaze?" The Growlithe barked again in acknowledgement as Luna gestured to them both. "So... An idol, huh? I guess that would be easier with something that's known for music, but wouldn't that also be the obvious choice?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Idol Debut! [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idol Debut! [Open]   Idol Debut! [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Idol Debut! [Open]
Page 1 of 1